mercredi 2 septembre 2009

Lost Jews - Massa Ad campaign




What a great Ad VIDEO ! by MASA

Article on Haaretz by Cnaan Liphshiz
Article on Jpost by Haviv Rettig Gur

It's true that I'm a proud Israelite-Jew living in France. I hope to be deeply conected to my roots, but I have to admit that this ad is really great.

It doesn't mean that I won't express my critical point of view on it.

I think it is a good advertising because it introduce the question of Assimilation as a National problem.
I also appreciate this ad, because it's a community, harevout, kirouv campaign, that is great !

Where this ad, make me less excited, it's because, this ad consider in a way, that the Israeli governement, is the only hearth of the Jewish People, as If Jews from outside Israel were not responsible, as if Jewish community were a lost herd.

A counter campain Jews from the outside could have the following message,
"When you meet an Israeli in your coutry, don't leave him alone, invite him for shabat. It will be an opportunity to discover his spiritual roots... in your Jewish home..."

Of course, neither this message or the second one is the good one.

We have AT last, to consider one each other as full part of the 3500 year old People of Israel, and at last, expressing commun responsability, common heritage.

So, in my point of view, it should be build Olam Israel, the organisation that represent the Global Jewish People or the People of Israel at the Global Scale, and then, this message would be targeted to all the Jews, and considering each Jew as a responsible one...

For the record, such a vision has already been launched, it was 150 years ago by Adolphe Cremieux, Netter, and Leven with the Alliance Israelites Universelles and later by Herzl with the World Zionist Congress and then, the creation of the Modern State of Israel has institutionalized the bondaries between Israelis and Israelites from Diaspora.

Update :

The more I'm reading this AD, the more I love it !
I never tire of seeing

I love it, because, even if they de-responsabilize us, it's at the end of the day a message of love toward Jews of the Diaspora... A message of caring.

And unlike wrote Esther K, this is not an ad againt intermarriage, it's against assimilation, that is not exaclty the same, even if there are common ground.

A Jew that assimlate, is a person who is technically Jewish, but that will leave it's identity, and then becoming indiferent, not ot say hostile to Israel.

But what make people more commited to their Identity or values ? that's such a fascinating question !

It will be my next post !

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire